September 25, 2019 at 7:04 pm
What to do when your Grid 3 License is not being recognized
In some instances you may come to a point where Grid 3 was working normally but suddenly it shows a message stating that your Grid 3 License could not be found or that you need to put in a license in order to use Grid 3. Most commonly this is due to a Windows Update that has disjointed the license from Grid 3 and thankfully there is a very simple fix for this.
The fix is simply to run the install file for Grid 3 again as if it were a fresh install. Note that this will not replace your current install or remove any of your settings/customizations when reinstalling this way so you don’t have to worry about losing data. What this will do though is rejoin the license to Grid 3.
The Trilogy system should have a Grid 3 install file saved in the Downloads folder in order to assist in this. If for some reason you do not have this file in the Downloads folder then you can obtain it from one of the following links:
- Note: The second link is the entire install file for installing offline. This will not just check for differences to install.
After you have the install file:
- Close Grid 3 if it is still open
- Open the install file by tapping or clicking on it twice
- When it asks for permission to make changes select “Yes”
- In the pop up window press “Next >”
- After checking details select “Install the most common options” and select “Install >”
- This step may take a few minutes to complete depending on which installer you are using and the speed of your internet.
- It will give you a completion message at which point you can confirm and close the window.
You should now be able to open Grid 3 again and no longer see the message at the top stating there were issues with your License.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.